Saturday, July 6, 2013

Escargot Pizza?!?!

Yesterday was the traditional Pizza Night over at my dad's, and yet again, we picked up some DELICIOUS Take-N-Bake Pizzas from Tenuta's Deli. And anyway, I looove pizza, and I looove escargot, and I looove unique food combinations, so I grabbed a tin of escargot snails, ordered my custom "RiRi's Pizza (aka Ham, Roasted Red Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms...just without the ham this time)", and, like a mad scientist, put the two together!


The snails were pretty big, so I had to rip each little mollusk into tinier bits to make sure they were distributed evenly onto the pizza.
Snails, believe it or not, have a rather meaty taste. Well... I suppose that isn't too hard to believe, as snails are at least animal-like. But at the same time, they melt in your mouth. So it's like a meaty, melt-in-your-mouth taste. Very unique. Very interesting. And yeah, snails are kinda slimy, but it's not like they're COATED in gobbly goo.

So, we popped the pizzas into the oven, and in twenty minutes, I had a snail-covered pizza, cooked to perfection! It was actually pretty good! I added a lot of garlic powder on mine. Snails are always better when paired with garlic!
Snail pizza was a unique idea, to be sure, but it wasn't, like, a huuuuge deal when I ate my pizza. It's not like every bite was, "This pizza tastes so different!" The pizza was fantastic, as always, just with a slight bite tasting different every now and then.
You may gag at the idea of trying escargot pizza, let alone escargot plain, but I found my creation to actually be quite scrumptious. How can you turn your nose up at anything that's covered in cheese and sauce on top of a crispy, crunchy crust??? Tell me how!!!
But anyway, I'd rate this experiment as an A+! I wouldn't do it every time I got a pizza from Tenuta's, just for the sake of variety, but it'll always be in my mind as a delicious, awesome option. If you're feeling daring, you ought to try it for yourself!

Till' then, this has been RiRi Ri-Porting!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Rianna! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/43/11452/Milwaukee/Sweet-and-SavoRi.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...