Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: Subway Pepperoni Flatizza

Heyyyyy, everybody! How it's been???
...............Looks like I got some explaining to do for my sudden absence, huh?
Well, trust me, it has got NOTHING to do with sheer laziness.
Well, maybe a little. But you can't hardly blame me- I'm just a kid!
It's not like I meant to just stop writing, I really didn't... It just sort of happened like that. Things got a little busy and I didn't find myself having any time to write food review posts. There are a few reasons for this, of course:
1. School
2. Extracurricular activities
3. Sheer laziness
4. Trying to focus on what I want to do over what I feel I "have" to do
5. Another writing project (which may or may NOT be a book- I'll never tell!)
So there you have it! And, well, with all these things taking up my time, it gets a bit hard to write on the ol' blog. Especially with that last reason. Really, you don't wanna finish writing something just to start writing something MORE. I mean, BLAH! ...But I know the responsibilities of a blog, and I would never EVER want to disappoint my readers, cuz' that's not cool. That'd make me, like, a traitor! So, here's a BRAND NEW blog post! Yaaaaaaaaay!
Like I said, I feel incredibly bad for just dropping out of the blogging world, without giving even a moment's notice or anything of the sort... I can't promise this won't happen again, but I will, for sure, tell all of you ahead of time if I'm going to put my blog writing on a brief hiatus from here on out. So, I'm really sorry everyone! I am! And in all honesty, I wasn't even sure if I was ever going to return to the world of food reviews anytime soon. But someone came along and inspired me to get writing again- my boyfriend! Yup, I have a boyfriend now, and he's the sweetest, strongest, funniest guy you'll ever meet!
Yeah, my boyfriend is the best- he evens likes to read Sweet & SavoRi. And one day, he really wanted me to review Subway's New Flatizzas. I didn't know when I'd really get around to it, but luckily I went to Subway just in the nick of time! For you see, today is me and my boyfriend's one-month anniversary and I really thought it'd be nice to write the review he ever so wanted me to write for the celebration. It may not seem like much, but I'm flat broke, y'know, and it's the thought that counts! Either way, I hope you like the review, baby!
So, right- like I said, this time I'll be reviewing Subway's Pepperoni Flatizza! It comes with sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and all the veggies you want- a six inch costs $4.00.

A six-inch Pepperoni Flatizza contains 500 calories, 230 of them being from fat, 26g of total fat, 12g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 60mg of cholesterol, 1340mg of sodium, 43g of total carbohydrates, 2g of dietary fiber, 4g of sugar, and 26g of protein. Also contains 15% of your iron and a whopping 70% of your calcium! Wow!
So, I don't usually pick pepperoni as a pizza topping, but I figured it'd be the first choice of my boyfriend (I know, I know... a month in and I don't even know his favorite pizza topping...), so I picked it the Pepperoni Flatizza, just for him. But anyway, the Flatizza came packaged in one of Subway's little pizza boxes, cuz' it'd be hecka hard to carry one of those things in a plastic bag.

So, here's what the Flatizza looks like, in all its Flatizza glory. Flatizzatizing, I know. But to be completely honest, doesn't that cheese look a little... under cooked? I know- all Subway owns is a measly toaster, but you think that baby could at LEAST melt the cheese all the way. Also, doesn't this thing look like it could use a little more cheese? You'd think for 500 calories, it could... But at least there is plenty of tomato sauce and pepperoni (the pepperoni slices are all underneath the cheese, but they cover pretty much the entirety of the flatbread). There is also a good amount of onions and olives, which I ordered on myself.

Heheh... For a product that calls itself  "crispy, cheesy, and totally edgy," this Flatizza is rather flimsy, don't you think? You can tell just by looking at the thing. It curls down in my hand! NOT CRISPY!!! And not very cheesy either, as I said before. And what does Subway mean by "totally edgy?" As in, it has edges? Well, dur. Unless they mean "edgy" as in "risky," which would be a total "NO" since Flatizzas are pretty much made from ingredients Subways ALWAYS have around. But anyway, let's see how this thing tastes...
Well, what stands out right away in this quasi-pizza is the tomato sauce. It's very yummy, and very tomatoey. And there's plenty of it piled onto the Flatizza- just how I like the pizza sauce to be. The chunky tomato sauce is a little overpowering when compared to the other flavors of the pizza, but I don't particularly mind since the sauce is just oh-so good. The mozzarella cheese is good- tastes way better than how I expected. I guess I thought Subway would have pretty bad mozza, but this stuff isn't bad. Not super flavorful, not super gross, and not super bland. It's decent. The pepperoni had a good flavor, but could have been spicier. At least I was able to notice the taste of the pepperoni, am I right? The olives and onions contributed strongly to the flavor of the Flatizza, and I would definitely reccomend putting some of your favorite Subway veggies onto your Flatizza for extra flavor.

Anyway, I had heard some callous reviews of the Flatizza before I reviewed one for myself, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. But really, Flatizzas are actually pretty good, for fast food fare. They were a lot more flavorful than I thought they'd would be. There are some complaints to be had with these things, however- they aren't crispy, the cheese isn't melted all the way, there isn't very much cheese, and these aren't very filling. However, there are pros to this pizzaesque creation too: the yummy tomato sauce, the decent amount of pepperoni, the option to add veggies for absolutely free, the break from monotonous subs, and the tasty flatbread. Overall, this was a pretty good creation, on Subway's part. The best thing to order? probably not. A good thing to order? Yes! I would order a Flatizza again if I wasn't really, really hungry... (Cuz' these things SURE don't satisfy hunger like the regular subs do!)
I would give Subway's Pepperoni Flatizza a 7/10.

Need other views from those who chewed? The Impulsive Buy and GrubGrade also have this thing reviewed.

What do YOU think of Subway's Flatizza? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...