Sunday, March 22, 2015

Review: Fiber One's Protein Cookies & Creme Chewy Bar

Hey, everyone! After a very long hiatus, Sweet and SavoRi is back! I'm sorry it's been so long. I know I suddenly dropped off the blogging scene, which was a very unprofessional and very uncool thing of me to do. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who read Sweet and SavoRi got impatient after waiting so long for this blog to update and just gave up reading altogether. BUT! If there is anyone still out there, I can't apologize enough for just quitting on my writing all of a sudden. I feel tremendously bad for stopping my blog posts all of a sudden without a word about it or anything. I promise, this WON'T happen again. And if it does, burn me at the stake!!! (...Just kidding. Please don't do that). So, if anyone out there is willing to forgive me, I couldn't be anymore grateful, and I hope you will enjoy Sweet and SavoRi's latest review- a review of Fiber One's Protein Cookies & Creme Chewy Bar!


So, what inspired me to get back into blogging, you may ask? Well, I have a weak spot for Cookies & Cream (or... Creme, as it is in this case), and when I saw Fiber One had made a new Cookies & Creme protein bar, I was intrigued. Cookies & Creme is a weird flavor to put into a protein bar... for Fiber One, at least. I mean- Cookies & Cream is a good flavor, but it's the kind of flavor you'd make a protein bar into after you've exhausted at least a dozen or two other kinds. It's just a weird flavor for a protein bar, and it is rarely executed correctly. But this "might" not be the case for Fiber One's protein bar, so I'm going in to taste-test it and see how it turns out. In case anyone was wondering now, I've already reviewed two of Fiber One's other protein bars, and you can check out each review in the list below:



The outside of Fiber One's new protein bar looks similar to the exterior of the Fiber One bars before it: covered in chocolate, with a slightly bumpy surface. Nothing unusual here. But- you know, is it me, or is it kind of weird to have a chocolate coating for a cookies and cream bar? I guess you could make the argument that the "cookie part" of cookies and cream is chocolate-flavored, but, to me, it's a different kind of chocolate. Also, this thing smells really chemically. Not like real cookies and cream at all. I don't know. We'll see how it tastes.

Oh yeah, by the way, these protein bars are really tiny. Like really tiny. But, you know, it is a protein bar, so it might fill you up regardless of its size. 



Okay, time to see how this thing actually tastes. The inside of the bar is made up into two distinct layers: the thin, top layer is made of the "creme", and  the whole rest of the bar is taken up by a mixture of black cookie pieces, crisped rice, and oats. Maybe some other cerealy stuff too. Anyway, this bar kinda tastes like cookies and cream, yet kinda doesn't. It reminds me of those snack packs I'd used to get as a kid where you'd have the chocolate cookie breadstick things in one part and the white cream in the other. You know, Handi-Snacks. If you don't know, google it. So, it put it simply, my first thought was that this bar tastes pretty fake. I'm telling you right now, it doesn't taste like Oreos or cookies and cream-flavored ice cream. It tastes like a Handi-Snack/Protein Bar hybrid. Half of it tastes like protein bar, while the other half just tastes chemically. It was kind of bland in general, and none too good. I'm sure most people don't particularly enjoy the taste of fake.

Anyway, what can I say? I'd like to think Fiber One tried their best on this one, and for that, I commend them. However, cookies and cream is just not a flavor easily imitated, especially not in a "healthy" food like a protein bar. I'd like to think someone might find contentment in this bar, but if you're anything like me, nothing but the best will satisfy your cookies and cream cravings. And this isn't the best. I don't think you can really find "the best" from a cookies and cream flavored protein bar. Fiber One gave it a nice try. But ehhhh. I wasn't impressed, and I couldn't see myself buying this again. But, Fiber One, if you're reading this right now, I really much enjoyed your other protein bars- they're not the problem. The problem here is that cookies and cream just isn't a flavor well-translated into a protein bar. So maybe stick to simpler flavors, yeah? I look forward to trying whatever product of yours comes out next. Just pleaseeeee don't try to make it cookies and cream-flavored. Unless it's ice cream. Ice cream is good.

Sweet and SavoRi's Final Rating: 3/10

Has anyone else tried Fiber One's new protein bar? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...