Tuesday, April 8, 2014

REVIEW: Subway Honey Oat Bread

Well, looks like it's time for another Subway review! Ooooooh, they've released a LOT of new products lately... Could I be reviewing the Flatizzas? The Frito Sub? Well...? Nope and nope! Today I'm reviewing something REAL special... Subway's Honey Oat Bread! ...Yay!
Okay... well, Subway's Honey Oat Bread may not be new to most of you, but it's new to me. I've never tried it before. Honestly! And besides, the Flatizzas don't look very filling, and the Frito Sub isn't supposed to be all that tasty... The reviews I read were pretty negative. Plus, Fritos on a sub? I don't eat Fritos by themselves! So, why not review the Honey Oat Bread? What have I got to lose?
The Honey Oat Bread does not add any up-charge to your sub.

A six-inch loaf (82g) contains 230 calories, 20 of them being from fat, 3g of total fat, 0.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 280mg of sodium, 43g of total carbohydrates, 4g of dietary fiber, 6g of sugar, and 8g of protein. Also contains 30% of the recommended calcium values.

Anyway, this bread is DEFINITELY not as oaty as I thought it would be. I mean, when you think of Honey Oat Bread, wouldn't you think of a whole bunch of oats speckling the surface of the crust? That sure as heck ain't happening here. I mean, look at that picture. It may be kinda small, but can you see any oats at all? I sure can't.

Texturally wise, this bread is pretty much the same as the rest of Subway's breads- chewy, soft, and the like. However, I noticed this bread doesn't "bounce back" as much as some other Subway breads I have reviewed. As for the taste? There is a touch of sweet, but not very much... This bread is more so on the side of wheaty, rather than sweety. This was an O.K. bread, but nothing really stood out about it that made me say, "WOW!"
So yeah, this wasn't a standout Subway bread. I thought it would be, but it wasn't. I imagined a sweeter, oatier kind of bread, but this wasn't it. Overall, this wasn't even much different than the regular 9 Grain Subway Bread. I wouldn't recommend getting this, and I wouldn't buy it again.
I'd give Subway's Honey Oat Bread a 5/10.

What do YOU think of Subway's Honey Oat Bread? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...