Tuesday, April 1, 2014

REVIEW: Fiber One Protein Cranberry Almond Granola Cereal

A while ago, I reviewed one of Fiber One's new protein granola cereals: the Maple Brown Sugar flavor. It was okay, but not all I thought it was going to be. Oh well. Maybe I just had too high of expectations for the yumminess that is "maple brown sugar." Anyway, today I'm giving Fiber One's new cereal a second chance with their Cranberry Almond variety. I like such a flavor, with its berryish and nutty ways... I don't like Cranberry Almond as much as Brown Sugar, so maybe I won't hold this cereal to such high standards. I know I shouldn't hold any cereals to high standards, but hey! Whatevs! At the end of the day, I try to be as unbiased as possible. And now, I think all my words are sounding like mumbo-jumbo, so let's start the show!
A 15.8 oz. box costs around $3.39.
 A 1 cup serving (55g) contains 220 calories, 45 of them being from fat, 5g of total fat, 0.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 1g of polyunsaturated fat, 3g of monounsaturated fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 140mg of sodium, 115mg of potassium, 41g of total carbohydrates, 5g of dietary fiber, 16g of sugar, and 6g of protein.
This cereal is made from small and large chunks of oats, crisped rice, puffed rice (there IS a difference) and broken Fiber One twigs, dried cranberries, and teeny-tiny diced almonds.
When eaten dry, this cereal is awful crunchy, but not in a bad way. It's good- a good texture. This cereal is also very sweet dry, and has a tart, fruit juice vibe to it. I can also taste the puffed rice... blegh. Puffed rice gives everything a burnt kinda taste- I don't know why. The berries are surprisingly chewy and sweet, and remind me of cranberry juice. This protein granola also has a very hearty feel. I think, when eaten dry, this cereal would make a delicious snack.

In milk, this granola cereal stays fairly crunchy all the way through, which is a quite good thing. The sweet berry tastes holds up much better than the maple-y taste of the Brown Sugar Maple Fiber One Cereal. The berries remain nice and sticky, and the milk has a delicious, fruity aftertaste once you're all done! Plus, you can taste the individual, tiny pieces of almonds much better now that they've separated from their respective clumps of cereal. Overall, a very satisfying bowl of cereal.

Alright, no contest here. This flavor of Fiber One Protein Granola is totally better than its Maple cousin. Hey, this flavor of Fiber One is totally better compared to a lot of healthier cereals out there too. The berry taste is light- not "light" as in mild, but light as in "airy"... you know, not heavy or too concentrated -and overall, the cereal is very flavorful. The oats are hearty and the Fiber One twigs are crunchy. ...And the puffed rice is just there, I guess. Anyway, I would totally recommend picking up a box of these cereal! I would totally buy it again!
I'd give Fiber One's Cranberry Almond Protein Granola Cereal an 8/10.

Which Fiber One Protein Granola Cereal did YOU like best? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...