Thursday, March 27, 2014

REVIEW: Stride Sour Patch Kids Lime Gum

Not too long ago, I reviewed the Red Berry Sour Patch Kids Gum from Stride. While it wasn't the best gum I'd ever tried, it sure had potential, so I decided the try the other flavor that's been produced- Lime. Self-explanatory enough. The Lime Sour Patch Kid is probably my third favorite Sour Patch flavor... with Red Berry being first and Lemon being second. The Orange ones just stink. They're the flops. You know how you have those four ghosts in Pac-Man? Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and... Clyde? Yeah, well, Clyde doesn't rhyme with ANY of the other ghosts' names. He's more than like supposed to be the screw-up. And, coincidentally, Clyde is orange. Just like the worst flavor of Sour Patch Kids. Hey, dispute me if you wanna!
But anyway, I'm here to eat LIME-flavored Sour Patch gum, not Orange, so let's not get sidetracked and be on our way!
A fourteen piece pack of gum costs around $1.29.

One piece of gum (1.9g) contains <5 calories, 0g of total fat, 0mg of sodium, 1g of total carbohydrates, 0g of sugars, 1g of sugar alcohol, and 0g of protein.

"The gum that tells you to go suck on a lime one minutes, then wraps your tongue in a bear-hug of sweet, citrusy love the next."
...Is "go suck on a lime" a real phrase? I've never even heard of it before! And what's with all the doodles on the inside of the package? Everyone and everything on there looks malicious or completely terrified. And then we have the derpy Sour Patch guy just twerking along with his glasses on. Yeahhhhh... he's... special.

What I like about this gum is that the initial burst of flavor totally tastes like the Lime Sour Patch Kids. Sour, but full of limey flavor... Then, like the Sour Patch Kids, it dies down and goes all sweet on me. This is how the Red Berry gum was too. However, whereas the Red Berry ran out of flavor altogether very quickly, the Lime gum seemed to hold on to its flavors for quite longer- both the sweet and the sour. Also, I like the "sweet" part of the Lime gum better than the Red Berry's, not just in terms of longevity but also taste.
All in all, the Lime Sour Patch Kids Gum won my heart out over the Red Berry gum. I think this Lime gum proves to be a good flavor, but not great. Nontheless, I would say, "try this gum!" Espescially if you like Sour Patch Kids. I would buy this again.
I'd would give Stride's Lime Sour Patch Kids Gum a 7/10.

Need other views from those who chewed? The Impulsive Buy and Junk Food Guy also have this one reviewed.

Which flavor of Sour Patch Gum did YOU prefer? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...