Thursday, November 7, 2013

REVIEW: Wisconian Deletables' Apple of My Eye Chips





Today I bring to you a review for a local product, made here fresh in Wisconsin- Wisconian Delectables' Apple of My Eye Chips. Wisconian Delectables makes at least a dozen different chips flavors (and salsas too), but since I've always had an affinity for sweet over salty flavors (of which WD has varieties of both), I pleaded with my parents to pick this certain type of chip up when we stopped at Wisconian Delectables' stand at the Kenosha HarborMarket. One 9 oz. bag of chips costs $6.00. You can purchase Wisconian Delectable's products at the several locations listed here.
Wisconian Delectables doesn't have the exact nutrition facts for their chips, but they guesstimate their Apple of My Eye chips at having around 110 calories per 1 oz. serving. Seems pretty low, especially for chips. But until they actually DO have the nutrition information, we'll just have to trust em'.
These chips are light and flaky, and are covered in cinnamon sugar. They have a yellowish color to them and are all mostly square-shaped. Apparently, these chips feel so light because they are made with wheat flour tortillas. But really, I think they feel VERY similar to fried chips!!!!! ...Sorry... it's just that, at 110 calories, especially for sweet chips, these things seem too good to be true. And I say that even BEFORE I get to the tasting.

And how do they taste? Wellllll.... To put it mildly, these Wisconian chips BLOW MY MIND. They don't necessarily taste like apples, like their name suggests- they taste more like apple pie. And to be even more specific, more like apple pie crust. It's just amazing how close to apple pie crust these chips taste like. Sweet, cinnamon sugar crunch, paired with a flaky, almost buttery texture. It's incredible. It's like these chips combine the sweetness inside the apple pie with the texture of the upper crust outside. These chips even melt away in your mouth. Yum. Flaky, crispy, sweet deliciousness. I bet they'd taste great with vanilla ice cream......
These are definitely THE BEST chips I've had in a looooong time. Seriously! 110 calories per serving or 210- I don't care. These chips are JUST THAT GOOD. Need opinions from other sources? My stepsister tried a sample and, after her eyes widened in amazement, proclaimed, "That's the best thing I've ever tasted." My mother and my step dad fell in love with the taste as well, both just as shocked at how tasty these sugary-sweet squares are.
I'd DEFINITELY buy these again, there are sooooo delicious. But until Wisconian Delectables receives the OFFICIAL nutrition information, I would consider these chips a serious "sometimes food." They are just sooooo tasty, just SO similar in flavor and texture to apple pie crust, I CANNOT believe they are only 110 calories per serving.
Anyway, whatever the case may be with the nutrition, these Apple of My Eye chips certainly deserve a 10/10!!! They're the apple of my eye!

Have you tried any of Wisconian Delectable's chips? If so, what did you think? You tell me!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...