Thursday, December 5, 2013

REVIEW: diet Snapple Half 'n Half Lemonade Iced Tea

A cross-country runner's life is a hard one.
For one, you aren't allowed to drink soda.
For two, you aren't even allowed to drink diet soda.
But diet Snapple should be fine, right? 50% of this Half n' Half IS made with tea, and tea is healthy. And what's the big deal with diet SODA, anyway? Is it because of the artificial sweeteners? Because taking diet soda away from me doesn't really change the fact that I can totally blow my brains out with the amount of Splenda packets I use in other food items everyday. So, I think that my idea of drinking a diet iced tea ONCE every blue moon not making much of an impact on my health can be made into a justifiable fact. So here we go- bottom's up!
I purchased this 20 fl. oz. bottle for only $0.99 at my school cafeteria, and school prices are usually a bit cheaper than the outside world's, so I'm sure these cost around thirty cents more at your typical gas station or what have you.
One 20 fl. oz. bottle contains 15 calories, 0g of total fat, 15mg of sodium, 1g of total carbohydrates, 1g of sugar, and 0g of protein.
I took a big glug of this half iced tea-half lemonade combo without realizing just how sweet it was going to be. It was (and I'm quoting my own notes here) really super sweet. Potent stuff. The taste was definitely a LOT sweeter than other diet Half n' Half's I've tried. Okay- so I've only tried ONE other diet Half n' Half once before in my life, but cut me some slack- they aren't the most popular drink, and this Snapple Tea was honestly sweeter and tastier than the one I tried before. Maybe it's the fact Snapple is made with real tea leaves and all... The other Half n' Half I had was canned tea too. Ew.
But while this Snapple product was really sweet, it also contained a strong tea taste, resulting from the use of real black and green tea leaves. I could even see little black tea leave flecks in my drink. Well, either that or backwash. There was a bit of the green tea vibe in this drink, but it wasn't all bitter like what you might expect the inclusion of green tea to do to a drink. And while the tea flavor was very pronounced, so was the lemonade, which added a nice citrus-y, lemon-y accent to the drink. The flavors balanced out well to create a drink that was strong, sweet, and smooth. And the super sweetness shock did go away after about halfway through this bottle. Every time I drink Snapple it's the same thing- I'm nearly shocked by the sweetness, but it usually dies done once I get used to the taste.
I enjoyed this flavor of diet Snapple, and I wouldn't mind drinking it again. I wouldn't go out and buy a whole pack of  them from the store or anything, but it would a considerable option when I'm faced with a choice of bottled drinks at, like, a gas station or eatery or something. Yeah, maybe that isn't saying a lot, since with soda out of the equation the only other options left are flavored tea and water... But I would DEFINITELY pick this drink over water. So that's good.
I'd give Snapple's diet Half 'n Half a 7/10.

What flavors of Diet Snapple do YOU like? Write your thoughts down in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...