Sunday, December 29, 2013

REVIEW: Kellogg's NutriGrain Apple Cinnamon Cereal Bar

As a kid, I think I was indifferent to the classic NutriGrain bars, at best. I didn't hate them, but I didn't love them either. We never really bought them or had them at the house, so naturally I didn't really eat too many of them. I suppose the only time I WOULD eat them would be when I was having a snack at a friend's house or something like that. So, for the first time in a very long time, I'll be trying out one of Kellogg's NutriGrain Cereal Bars. This Apple Cinnamon Bar was given to me by a friend at school, since they sell these in the school cafeteria. With this in mind, this bar is slightly bigger than the NutriGrain bars you would find in the store, so the nutrition facts will differ between the two bars. A 10.4 oz. box containing eight 1.3 oz. bars costs around $3.59.
One 44g bar contains 160 calories, 35 of them being from fat, 4g of total fat, 0.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 130mg of sodium, 30g of total carbohydrates, 3g of dietary fiber, 14g of sugar, and 2g of protein. Also contains various values of your assorted vitamins and minerals.

I could tell this bar was going to be really crumbly as soon as I had straight taken it out from the wrapper. One of the ends of the bar had already split apart from the rest of the snack even before I had gotten a chance to take a picture of the thing. Little crumbs fell out of the wrapper after the bar. But I think I've made a point of this bar's crumbliness. I'm probably just trying to make up for the lack of a defining appearance in this bar. It's tan, it's rectangular, it's... crumbly. Did I mention its crumbly yet?

Other than crumbly, this bar is also very soft and rather moist in texture. The outer cereal "shell" melts in the mouth as well. The apple cinnamon jam on the inside is sweet and thick- pretty cinnamon-y, but only slightly apple-y.

Overall, I found this bar to be rather boring. It's sweet and all, but nothing about it really stood out to me. Even the jam wasn't too special- if I were to describe it, the jam isn't very apple-y like it should be and is more of just a general... jammy flavor. Ambiguous, you know? I mean, this was a good bar- it was just incredibly average. I'm not too interested in buying the Apple Cinnamon flavor of NutriGrain again.
I'd give Kellogg's NutriGrain Apple Cinnamon Cereal Bar a 5/10.

Need other views from those who chewed? Crazy Food Dude also has this one reviewed.

What is YOUR favorite flavor of NutriGrain? Post yours down in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...