Thursday, December 12, 2013

REVIEW: Quaker Blueberry Chewy Yogurt Granola Bar

Well, here was a review I wasn't even PLANNING on doing: See, I was sitting with a couple of friends during Literature class, and one of them grabs this Quaker Blueberry Yogurt Granola Bar from her backpack and holds it out, asking, "Anyone want this?" I DID, but I couldn't just TAKE IT, so I offered to trade. But after realizing their really wasn't anything in my lunchbox I wanted to give up,  I joked, "You want my carrots and cucumbers for it?" and to my disbelief, my friend said, "Yeah- cucumbers sounds really good right now."
Umm... 
BEST. TRADE. EVER!!!
Gee, I can't even recall the last time I've had a Quaker bar... Anyway, a 6.1 oz. box containing five 1.23 oz. bars cos around $3.30, I'd imagine.

A 35g bar contains 150 calories, 40 of them being from fat, 4.5g of total fat, 2.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 1g of polyunsaturated fat, 1g of monounsaturated fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 115mg of sodium, 25g of total carbohydrates, 1g of dietary fiber, 11g of sugar, 2g of sugar alcohol, and 2g of protein. Also contains 10% of your daily calcium values.
Hey, why would they use sugar alcohol in this? I mean, it IS only two grams, but what's the point? Why not go all out and use all sugar? Or, heck- if we're thinking that way, why not use all sugar alcohol? I guess the latter would be a wee bit drastic, but I'm just curious, is all. What's it for?

This bar had a sweet, blueberry smell- one I could smell as soon as I took it out of the wrapper. First thing came first: to check if the bar was sticky. I am happy to say it wasn't. I HATE sticky granola bars, especially since I place most snack bars I review on a piece of paper or napkin or SOMETHING, and if they're too sticky, that can lead to a paper-y taste-test. Ew.
This bar has a hard texture, but is also pretty light. There is a good granola mixture on top made of several mix-ins, including even the like of corn flakes, and teeny-tiny dried blueberries.  The bottom is covered in a smooth, yogurt-flavored coating.
This was a light, chewy bar, with just the right balance of firm and crispiness. There was a nice amount of oats, giving this bar a solid granola feel and flavor. The taste was surprisingly very, very sweet- something I haven't had in awhile -with just the right accent of blueberry taste. The dried blueberries were oddly crunchy, like little fish eyes, and added a very mild natural blueberry tang- one that tastes better when eating the granola bar as a whole rather than when eating the weird blueberry bits by themselves.
The BEST part of this bar was definitely the yogurt-flavored coating. It was even sweeter than the granola- but in a delectable, scrumptious kind of way. The flavor of the yogurt was one of smooth vanilla with hints of sweet blueberriness. The yogurt coating was super creamy and melted away in my mouth. Total bliss! Like a sweet flavor sensation. I forgot how good yogurt granola bars are.
Anyway, this was a scrumptious treat of a granola bar and I really don't have any major complaints about it. The texture was nice, and the yogurt coating was utterly delicious. The vanilla flavor was super sweet and was complemented with a pleasant amount of blueberry. I didn't buy this exact bar, but I sure wouldn't have any complaints about picking a box of these up from the store sometime.
I'd give Quaker's Blueberry Chewy Yogurt Granola Bar a 7.5/10.

Need other views from those who chewed? Crazy Food Dude also has this one reviewed.

What granola bar from Quaker is YOUR favorite? Write to me in the comments down below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...