Sunday, December 1, 2013

REVIEW: General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal

Alright, alright... Laaaaast review of a product I'm familiar with. I swear. At least for awhile anyway. 
But, let's face it- I probably talk about General Mill's Cinnamon Toast Crunch whenever I'm reviewing cereal. It's like the product I compare everything ELSE to. On a scale of one to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, how good is this product? It's like that. So I just HAVE to give Cinnamon Toast Crunch credit where it's due. I HAVE to write some sort of post for my favorite cereal- and possibly one of my favorite foods- ever, riiight?
Listen, it's not MY fault that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is older than I am. If I was a food reviewer growing up in 1984, I'm sure I would've tried this product when it first came out and loved it just the same. But since Cinnamon Toast Crunch has been around since I was born, in fact, I can't really say what I thought of it the first time I ate it, since I was probably too young to even remember trying it for the first time. But I love this cereal NOW, and I just feel compelled to share that love with everyone!
And anyway, you might say writing a review of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is useless, since everybody and their brother has at least had it ONCE in their lifetime, but who knows? Maybe there's someone living under a rock out there who hasn't tried it, and needs to know they MUST. Must, must, must. And if not, this review is just a good way to reaffirm everyone else that this cereal is superbly superb. So let's get to it! A 12.2 oz. box costs around $2.98.
A 3/4 cup (31g) serving contains 130 calories, 30 of them being from fat, 3g of total fat, 0.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 1g of polyunsaturated fat, 1.5g of monounsaturated fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 180mg of sodium, 55mg of potassium, 25g of total carbohydrates, 2g of dietary fiber, 9g of sugar, and 1g of protein. Also contains different amounts of various vitamins and minerals.
So, if you were reading those nutrition facts just now, I think you can tell Cinnamon Toast Crunch isn't the healthiest thing out there. I mean, gram for gram, a PopTart has less calories. And that's a freakin' PopTart. But considering just how GOOD Cinnamon Toast Crunch is, I'm willing to look past that. It's not like this is branded as a diet-saving cereal anyway. Of course, I wouldn't eat this stuff as part of a substantial meal EVER, but it is always a most-valued end-of-the-day kind of treat for me. I'm actually a little disappointed, because, currently, there's barely any of this cereal left in the box we have and I'm wondering what else I can do for my "dessert." Because honestly, there really isn't much else I want!
And what's so good about Cinnamon Toast Crunch, you might ask? What makes it so dessert-worthy, so craveable? Well, obviously, it's delicious. I even enjoy it in milk, and that's saying something, since this is one cereal that gets soggy incredibly fast in milk. Still, the taste of the cereal somewhat stays within its square little body and it just tastes so yummy and sweet in milk. The cinnamon-sugar coating on the cereal falls off the pieces, but this is made up for by the delicious, sweet after-milk. I barely have Cinnamon Toast Crunch in milk, but I certainly don't MIND it in milk either.
Of course, the BEST way to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch is dry. Cinnamon Toast Crunch has this delectable sugar-cinnamon coating on every little cereal piece, making each square a lickable, super sweet delight. Seriously, when it comes to some cereals, popping in just one piece at a time doesn't do much for the palette, but each piece of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a party of jam-packed sugary flavor. Each piece of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is so great that I don't even mind letting them melt in my mouth one at a time, but the crunchy feel of this cereal is awesome too. I love the texture of the stuff- I mean, a lot of kiddie cereals are made from corn, and corn cereal (to me, anyways) is just BLAH. But Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a wheat and rice-based cereal, making it a little stronger and a little less airy than corn cereals.
And the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is just so cinnamon-y sweet! I love the sugary coating, which contributes a lot of the flavoring here, but the cereal also has a decent cinnamon vibe to it as well. But at the same time, the cinnamon isn't overbearing. It's like a accent to the sweetness- A sprinkling of it on top of a well-done dessert, not a dumping of it. And it's great that the flavor is just so grand in each little piece- And when you stuff in a big handful of this cereal in your mouth all at once, it's a flavor explosion, I kid you not. Pretty potent stuff indeed. But like I said, each piece is enjoyable enough to be savored one by one, so there really isn't a need to go shoveling in mouthful after mouthful until the whole box is empty. This is a cereal that can be savored without having to eat more than one piece at a time. This is a cereal that gives the vibe of being special- A cereal that deserves to be savored and enjoyed fully- it's just that scrumptious. And who doesn't love that swiiiirly design of cinnamon inscribed in each little piece? Not only is it mouth candy, it's also eye candy.
So, I believe it goes without saying that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is one of the best cereals- foods, even -that I've EVER HAD. Trust me, if you're willing to eat a bowl of something every night without a SINGLE complaint, then you probably like it. A LOT. If you're one of the those crazy-rare people out there who have never even tried Cinnamon Toast Crunch, run out and get yourself a box of it. STAT. It's THE BEST cereal you will EVER taste. Everrrrrrrrrrr.... Ooh, a touch creepy there.
I think it's obvious Cinnamon Toast Crunch gets a 10/10 from me!
Heaven in the palm of my hand!

How much do YOU like Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Are there any cereals you prefer over it? Tell me in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...