Tuesday, December 10, 2013

REVIEW: Torani Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup

I love using Torani's flavoring syrups to enhance the flavor and sweetness of many things- milk, coffee, tea, yogurt -it's like adding Crystal Light to water. You get what I'm saying? Sure, water is good on its own, but that doesn't mean it can't be made better. So that's what Torani does for the foods and drinks I mentioned above. But sugar free syrups CAN be a hit or miss, so they don't always work out that well as an add-in. And this time I'm reviewing Torani's Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup, so we'll see how it goes.
A 12.7 fl. oz. bottle costs around $5.19.

A 2 tablespoon serving (or 1 fluid ounce...or 30 mL) contains 0 calories, 0g of total fat, 10mg of sodium, 0g of total carbohydrates, 0g of sugar, and 0g of protein.

You know, hazelnut is a flavorful I say I like, but it's one of those flavors that makes you wonder how it actually tastes. You know? Like, could you describe hazelnut to someone? I've never eaten an ACTUAL hazelnut, so no, I don't think I could. I like hazelnut ice cream and I like hazelnut coffee and I like hazelnut chocolates, but when it really comes down to it, I'm not even really sure how hazelnut is supposed to taste. I hope I'm making some sense here.
Anyway, I cracked this bottle open and caught a whiff of a strong, nutty aroma. I then proceeded to try this syrup in different things. I got around to using it in coffee, milk, tea, and hot chocolate, and I must say this hazelnut flavor was a surprisingly big hit in every single one of them. This syrup has a sweet yet nutty taste, which works because the nuttiness is quite mild, but just noticeable enough so to make its mark. Adding this syrup into things makes everything taste really creamy, and gives it a warm feel. It's almost felt like I was adding chocolate syrup to drinks- whether this was due to the fact that hazelnut is used in a lot of chocolates or because of the creaminess, I don't know. But it sure tasted good. You wouldn't even THINK a flavor like hazelnut would go well with green tea, but it surprisingly did. Everything I put this in was given a sweet, rich taste, which is perfect for this wintry time of year.
This review may have been short, but that's because I really don't have anything bad to say about this syrup. I can only complement it for so long before I run out of things to say. And did I like this syrup? I think the half-empty bottle- which was only opened up yesterday, mind you -would say "yes." I'm not sure if it emulates the taste of a TRUE hazelnut, but it DID have a nutty vibe to it, so I'd think so. I definitely would buy this coffee syrup again, without a doubt.
I'd give Torani's Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup a 10/10!

What is YOUR favorite flavor of Torani? Tell us down in the comments section below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...