Saturday, February 8, 2014

REVIEW: DaVinci Gourmet Zero Calorie Amaretto Syrup

Typically, Torani is my stand-by coffee syrup brand, but every now and again it's nice to branch out and try new things. Break the mold, you know?
Or maybe WalMart just doesn't carry your favorite syrup brand, forcing you to purchase something else. But what-EVER.
Anyway, today I'll be reviewing a Zero Calorie Amaretto flavor of coffee syrup by a company called DaVinci Gourmet. I've never seen their stuff outside of WalMart, so maybe it's a brand exclusive to them and them alone...
A 12.7 fl. oz. bottle costs around $2.98.

A 2 tablespoon serving of coffee syrup (1 fl. oz.) contains 0 calories, 0g of total fat, 10mg of sodium, 0g of total carbohydrates, 0g of sugar, and 0g of protein.

I was always a little wary to try amaretto flavored coffee syrups before- mainly because amaretto is a liquor, and that stuff just doesn't appeal to me. Like I want my coffee to taste like alcohol! But turns out when amaretto is used as a flavoring, it's more reminiscent in taste to almonds. And almonds are my favorite nut. So that's good!
I tried this DaVinci syrup in a number of things: milk, tea, and coffee, of course. The taste wasn't bad. This syrup pretty much made everything it was put into taste like pistachio pudding, which is cool. The taste was sweet and smooth, without any bitterness or unknown, strange flavors. The main con plaguing this coffee syrup is the fact that its taste is very mild. Much more mild than I am used to in coffee syrups. So mild in fact, it's hard to even taste the syrup when put in something with a much stronger taste, like coffee. This is a problem of course, since coffee is what MOST people would be putting this syrup into in the first place. You would have to use a LOT more flavoring syrup than you would with syrups with a more noticeable taste, like Torani.
This was a good-tasting flavoring syrup, but didn't make much off an impression with me due to its rather mild taste. I feel like the taste could've packed more of a punch, for what its worth. I might buy this syrup again, because making your beverages taste like pistachio pudding is pretty cool, but I think I'll still stick to my go-to coffee syrup brand whenever I can.
I'd give DaVinci Gourmet's Zero Calorie Amaretto Syrup a 6/10.

Have YOU tried any DaVinci Syrup flavors? Which is YOUR favorite? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...