Friday, February 7, 2014

REVIEW: Kemps Mint Cow Tracks Ice Cream


Okay, so you know how I said in my last mint ice cream review that I wasn't a big fan of the flavor? Yeah, well, apparently SOMEbody in my family is because we keep buying it up for whatever reason. That somebody would be my father. But for some odd reason, I think he's buying all this mint ice cream for ME. When he bought this latest flavor of mint, he said to me, "Bought some ice cream. Got mint flavor in there." Sounds to me like a case of misunderstanding! But for now, I guess I'll just have to make do with what I got. Hey, ice cream is ice cream! I should be lucky as child to even have some.
So, the lastest mint ice cream to be welcomed up to our family's freezer is this Mint Cow Tracks Ice Cream from Kemps. It's a minty ice cream swirled with a thick fudge and dotted with chocolate-mint mini cows. Hey! This is Wisconsin; we ain't got no time for turtle tracks. Feh! Cow tracks all the way, baby!
A 1.5 qt. of ice cream costs around $3.99.

A 1/2 cup serving (66g) contains 180 calories, 100 of them being from fat, 11g of total fat, 6g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 25mg of cholesterol, 70mg of sodium, 20g of total carbohydrates, 0g of dietary fiber, 17g of sugar, and 3g of protein.
P.S. TRANSSSSSS FATSSSSSSS! Run- run away!

Okay, so what we got here is an ice cream with a mint base, swirled together with a thick fudge and mint-chocolate cows.

Here's some cows. Three are about the size of an AA Battery. The insides aren't filled with some chewy, creamy mint flavor, like I thought, but are actually full of solid mint chocolate- nearly exactly the same to Andes Chocolate Mints. Being as the taste and feel like a real, sold-in-stores candy, these little cows are actually pretty good- rich, creamy, chocolately; sweet even when the mint comes in. There were also plenty of little cows in my two scoops of ice cream.


Okay, so what we got here is milky, creamy, and minty ice cream, with strong, good accents of chocolate. I wouldn't really call the fudge swirl fudge, as it was completely solid and actually pretty thin to be called fudge. It was more like there were a lot of long pieces of chocolate shavings in my ice cream. Which I guess isn't so bad since the abundant chocolate flake-like fudge provided a taste of chocolate in every bite of ice cream. 

Overall, even with the trans-fatty minty cows and the not-fudge fudge swirl, this ice cream was actually pretty tasty. However, the trans-fatty cows and the not-fudge fudge swirl were exactly part of this ice cream's small downfall. I'm not saying that this ice cream is bad- no, not at all -it just could've been tastier. Despite this, this is a tasty mint ice cream, and I'd suggest trying it once for all you mint fans out there. Besides, which other ice cream can have you consuming mint-chocolate cows?! I think I could buy this flavor at least once again. You know, if I had to buy mint.
I'd give Kemps' Mint Cow Tracks Ice Cream a 7.5/10.

What is the best mint chocolate ice cream YOU'VE ever tried? Let us know in the comment below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...