Tuesday, January 14, 2014

REVIEW: Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies Chocolate Chip Cookie

Last review I talked about purchasing two different types of Fiber One "brownies" for taste-testing. That review was all about Cinnamon Coffee Cake- Now we move on to Chocolate Chip Cookie! By the way, I wonder if Fiber One ought to change the name of this product line to something other than 90 Calorie BROWNIES. Because if they keep going in the direction they're heading, we're going to have a lot of non-brownie treats under a brownie label, you know what I'm saying? Lemon Bar? Coffee Cake? Chocolate Chip Cookie? I'm no patisserie, but those are NOT brownie names, people.
Anyway, a 5.34 oz. box with six 0.89 brownies costs around $2.98.

A 25g brownie contains 90 calories, 25 of them being from fat, 3g of total fat, 1.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 90mg of sodium, 18g of total carbohydrates, 5g of dietary fiber, 8g of sugar, and 1g of protein.

Square, small, and fairly dense- the markings of a Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownie. This variation on the theme is a light brown color, with chocolate chips on the inside and a chocolate drizzle on top. I wish ALL chocolate chip cookies had a drizzle on top- Faaaaaaancy!

This treat reminded me of a cookie, sure, but what it really tasted like was a Cookie Dough PopTart. Smelled like one too, if that matters. Yes, I should've kept my mind on cookies, but this Fiber One brownie tasted much more like Cookie Dough PopTarts, except soft.  Kudos for Fiber One to achieving the feat of making a 90 calorie treat taste more like a 200 calorie one. Anyway, what else to add...? Well, the chocolate chips were solid and semisweet, and the texture of the brownie  as a whole was a little dry, but not irritatingly so.

Tasting like a chocolate chip cookie would've gotten this Fiber One treat a good grade on its own, but the real clincher here is the fact that this 90 calorie treat reminded me of a super unhealthy Cookie Dough PopTart, which definitely deserves some respect. This is a great, portion-controlled treat, and I think you'll enjoy it even if you aren't calorie-conscious or trying to get more fiber into your diet. These things are pretty yummy, and I could see myself buying them again!
I'd give Fiber One's 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies a 7.5/10.
Need other views from those who chewed? Crazy Food Dude and The mind of a big cat also have this one reviewed.

Well, the last Fiber One Brownie I have left to review is Chocolate Peanut Butter... Have YOU tried it, and do YOU think it's worth the review? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...