Friday, January 31, 2014

REVIEW: Quaker Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares Cereal

Hey, hey, hey, ladies and gents! Are you struggled with a terribly tough choice at breakfast every morning? A choice of "Cereal, or Oatmeal?" A choice that leaves you banging your head against the kitchen stove with your hands tugging on your hair, shouting, "I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"
Well, don't have a mental breakdown just yet, ladies and gents. Trust me, a breakfast is not worth the mental examinations. BUT, I'll agree: It IS a tough choice. That's why Quaker has released a breakfast product that gives you the best of both worlds!!! Oatmeal Cinnamon Squares Cereal is THIS product's name, and serving you both oatmeal and cereal is its game.
Although, to be completely honest, I don't really think that was Quaker's intention when marketing this product. They kinda brand it as more of a "Low Cholesterol!" and "Heart Healthy!" and "Diabetes Slayer!" type of cereal. Which was why I wasn't really even looking into trying this cereal until my dad bought it. I mean, come on- a kid like me don't got to eat this for breakfast- a foodstuff that can only be described as "That cereal found in Grandma's cupboards." But since my dad bought this stuff, and since we were all out of my preferred cereals, it was like, "Eh! Why not." So then I gots to reviewing.
A 14.5 oz. box costs around $3.04.

A 1 cup serving of cereal (56g) contains 210 calories, 25 of them being from fat, 2.5g of total fat, 0.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 1g of polyunsaturated fat, 1g of monounsaturated fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 190mg of sodium, 200mg of potassium, 44g of total carbohydrates, 5g of dietary fiber, 9g of sugar, and 6g of protein. Also contains various values of your assorted vitamins and minerals.

So, these are like little super dense, tiny Mini Wheats- all hard and crunchy and ridgety-like. I guess... that's about all I got on physical appearance. So let's get on with the taste-test!
So, this stuff pretty much tastes like Cinnamon Life (or Life dusted with cinnamon if that's too hard for you to imagine), except denser. And thicker. And crunchier. And I think I detected a touch of brown sugar...? But, other than that, yeah- Life. Which isn't too hard to believe, since Life and these Oatmeal Squares are BOTH made by Quaker. Even though you might think of this cereal as the totally bland, old people stuff, it really wasn't like that at all, and tasted way sweeter than I expected.

In milk, this hearty cereal remained wholesome in taste, yet light, and for the most part stayed pretty crunchy. The flavor didn't wash off the cereal into the milk because it's all built in the little squares, and once the pieces had soaked up some milk and became a little mushier, they tasted even more like Life. A good cereal dry and in milk.

At first, I thought that Quaker's Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares would be some ringy-dingy, boring old grandma cereal... But really, it was fantastic! It tasted like Life, expect heartier and more addictive. Life is awesome, so consequently, this cereal is awesome! For a grandma cereal, it was really good. I would recommend it, even if you're not a grandma. Hey, I would buy it again!
I'd give Quaker's Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares Cereal a 9/10.

What do YOU think of Quaker's Oatmeal Squares Cereal? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...