Sunday, January 5, 2014

REVIEW: Fiber One Oats & Caramel Chewy Bar

Fiber One's Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bar is pretty mainstream: I've seen them available by the bar at gas stations, high school concession stands, standing at the grocery line while waiting to check out- you get the picture. Fiber One's Oats & Chocolate is a fairly popular snack bar, I guess. And for fair enough reason- I mean, I liked it. I'm sure most others do too.
But what about the other chewy bars Fiber One has released? Yes, there ARE others. They just have to be bought by the box. One of the different flavors happens to be this Oats & Caramel Bar. I wonder if it deserves to be the poster child of Fiber One's Chewy Bar line instead of the Oats & Chocolate? I guess we'll find out, huh? A 7 oz. box containing five 1.4 oz. bars costs around $2.98.

One 40g bar contains 140 calories, 30 of them being from fat, 3.5g of total fat, 1.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 105mg of sodium, 30g of total carbohydrates, 9g of dietary fiber, 9g of sugar, and 2g of protein. Also contains 10% of your daily calcium values.

Like its Oats & Chocolate-flavored brothe , Fiber One's Oats & Caramel Bar is soft, and sticky enough to cling tight to a napkin, making for a rather papery taste-test. Yumm-O. Pretty much every chocolate element of the Oats & Chocolate Bar is here, except converted into caramel form: the sweet smell, the thin drizzle on top, and the medium-sized chips found on the bottom of the bar. All caramelized. The "granola" part of this bar is made up of oats and crisped rice and held together with a sticky, sweet syrup.

Taking a bite, I found this bar to be very chewy and soft in texture, with a nice touch of crispiness contributed by the crisped rice. As for taste, I'd say this bar got the flavor of caramel down pretty solid, and also, rather surprisingly, the rich and indulgent feel of said candy as well.  The caramel drizzle and caramel chips provided delicious, abundant bursts of creaminess and smoothness.

So, I finished off my box of these Fiber One bars rather quickly, for I found them to be particularly yummy. I liked these Oats & Caramel Bars slightly more than the Oats & Chocolate- I found the taste in the former to be more indulgent and rich, and the idea of a caramel granola bar is one that you just don't see everyday, unlike chocolate chip. Pretty much every snack bar company can lay claim to having a chocolate chip granola bar, but not every one can say they have a caramel granola bar. And Fiber One did theirs exceptionally well. This bar is a solid snacking choice, for not only is the taste delicious, but you also get hit with a decent 35% of your fiber packed into just one of them. I definitely wouldn't mind picking up this flavor of Fiber One Chewy Bars again.
I'd give Fiber One's Oats & Caramel Chewy Bar a 7.5/10.

What is YOUR favorite Fiber One Chewy Bar flavor? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...