Wednesday, January 22, 2014

REVIEW: Subway's New Jalapeno Cheese Bread

Walking into Subway recently, I couldn't help but wondering, "Gee, what will I review now? If only they had a new bread out or something..." And lo and behold, there it was! Subway's Jalapeno Cheese Bread! I couldn't help but pump my fists with joy. Talk about good timing, right? I hadn't even realized Subway had a new bread out already. It seems like just yesterday since I reviewed their Garlic Bread. Gee... does that mean that one's been revoked already? Bye-bye Garlic Bread? Awwwwww.... I really liked their Garlic Bread! This Jalapeno Cheese stuff had better be a suitable replacement, or I'll be maaad...
You can get the Jalapeno Cheese Bread for your Subway sandwich at no additional price.

One 6 inch slice of bread contains 252 calories, 5g of total fat, 2g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 10mg of cholesterol, 660mg of sodium, 0mg of potassium, 41g of total carbohydrates, 2g of dietary fiber, 5g of sugar, and 10g of protein.

Getting my Jalapeno Cheese Bread wasn't all that easy. When I told the employee behind the counter that I wanted an Egg & Cheese with the new bread, he started with an "Um..." and finished off with a "The bread just came out of the oven- it's too hot to do anything with... Is there any other bread you wanted your sandwich on?"
And for once in my life, I was adamant and grounded and gave a confident, strong, "...Nooooo..." 
Thankfully, that soft "no" was enough to get me the bread I wanted. The employee grabbed the warm loaf of bread carefully and began to make my sandwich as I spat out a string of "I'm sorrys". I felt terrible (like, "Oh, you can't have the specific flavor of bread you wanted? Wah, first world problems, BooHoo!!!"), but the employee graciously said it was THEIR fault for not having the Jalapeno Cheese Bread ready. I swear, Subway employees are like, the most human fast-food employees on Earth. The behind-the-counter guy also explained to me how the Jalapeno Cheese was becoming a pretty popular bread flavor, resulting in the shortage. Sounds like a good sign if there ever was one.
Ooh... Looks like a face. Da-HUR!

Outta my whole footlong, there were only two meager slices of jalapenos, and both occupied the same six inch side of the sandwich. There was a small amount of jalapenos, but gee, were they spicy!!! The bread was covered with a fair amount of crunchy cheese. What flavor was the cheese? I can't say! It kinda tasted like... pumpkin seeds to me. Maybe it was from the spices on the bread, which were peppery and flavorful. The spices added a slight crunch to the top of the loaf, but for the most part the bread was very soft and chewy

Overall, I liked Subway's Jalapeno Cheese Bread a lot. It's not as spicy as one might think, and not as cheesy either, but it's a tasty, flavorful loaf of bread, and spicy and cheesy enough, so I guess that works. If the whole bread was as spicy on the jalapenos on top, only spice freaks enthusiasts would be into it. I suppose Subway COULD add a few more jalapenos to the top of each loaf though, since it needs a few more bursts of spiciness here and there. But other than that, this was a solidly decent flavor of bread. I have to say I even liked it better than their Garlic Bread! I would definitely use Subway's Jalapeno Cheese Bread on my sandwich order again.
I'd give Subway's New Jalapeno Cheese Bread a 9/10.

Have YOU tried Subway's Jalapeno Cheese Bread? What did YOU think? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...