Sunday, January 26, 2014

REVIEW: Frito-Lay's Baked! Flamin' Hot Cheetos

Welcome again to another installment of Sweet and SavoRi's "Chip Kick!" Yaaaaaay! ...You know, have you ever really thought of Cheetos as chips? Honestly now. I mean, despite the fact they're crunchy and greasy, they are FAR from chips. They AREN'T made with potatoes, they AREN'T cut into thin, little slices like potato chips- in fact, they look more like little cheesy clubs. See, seeeee?! Even on the bag in the picture right above, that bag of Cheetos is official labeled as "Cheese Flavored Snacks." NOT. CHIPS. So I guess... Cheetos are just Cheetos... Right?
Well, while you all are off cracking the code on what makes Cheetos part of the "chip" food group, I'll be here reviewing this lightened-up, lower-fat version of the popular snack. I was in line at my school cafeteria hoping to get some flavored Baked Lays or something, but all they really had was these Baked! Flamin' Hot Cheetos or the Original Baked! Lays (yawn), so I went with the former. Besides, it had been FOREVER since I had a bag of Cheetos... even baked ones!  
An 11 oz. bag of chips costs around $3.89.

The nutrition facts posted below are for a slightly larger portion of Baked Flamin' Hot Cheetos, but a 1 oz. serving (28g) contains 120 calories, 5g of total fat, 1g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 3g of polyunsaturated fat, 1.5g of monounsaturated fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 220mg of sodium, 17g of total carbohydrates, less than 1g of dietary fiber, less than 1g of sugar, and 2g of protein.

Okay, one word: SPICYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! (stream of fire spews from mouth). Geez, it's been awhile- I forgot just HOW spicy these things can be. Which makes me wonder how people can say these are "cheese flavored snacks." What cheese is this damn hot? Seriously.................
Okay, now that I bandaged up my tongue, let's continue on with the review! Welllllll, like I said, these Cheetos are VERY spicy, yet flavorful, which is why I couldn't stop eating them. Like I mentioned before, it HAS been forever since I had a taste of real Cheetos, but I have a feeling that this Baked! version tastes a lot like the real thing, and if it doesn't, it still tastes GREAT. I don't think these tasted "baked" or "healthy" at all, which is a good thing in a chip's case. As for texture? These spicy Cheetos are crunchy, yet perfectly light and airy.


Well, my tongue may be burnt, but I think these Cheetos were WELL worth the trip to the ER. They had plenty of heat and flavor, and a good texture too- all for less calories and fat than regular Cheetos. And in my fair opinion, the Baked! Cheetos tasted just like the original, if not better. I would definitely pick these up again. and recommend them to fans of spicy snacks, whether health-conscious or not.
I'd give Frito-Lay's Baked! Flamin' Hot Cheetos a 9/10.

Which Baked! chips are YOUR favorite, and which kind should be reviewed next? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...