Monday, January 13, 2014

REVIEW: Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies Cinnamon Coffee Cake

I've reviewed two of Fiber One's 90 calorie "brownies" so far- their Chocolate Fudge and their Lemon Bar. And I've been impressed enough by these two little treats that I decided to swoop up two MORE flavors while on a recent trip to the grocery store. One of those flavors- Cinnamon Coffee Cake -I shall be reviewing today. One 5.34 oz. box with six 0.89 oz. bars costs around $2.98.

One 25g bar contains 90 calories, 25 of them being from fat, 3g of total fat, 1.5g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 85mg of sodium, 18g of total carbohydrates, 5g of dietary fiber, 8g of sugar, and less than 1g of protein.

Like all Fiber One "brownies", this one is small and square, but fairly dense. Unlike all other Fiber One "brownies", however, this one is made with cinnamon bits baked inside and a sweet drizzle topping. I'm not sure what flavor the drizzle is supposed to be though. Vanilla, maybe? Cinnamon? I guess we'll find out.

This little treat smells like fresh-baked coffee cake, and tastes enough like it too. It doesn't have that whole "brown sugar streusel crunch" in every bite like real coffee cake, but there are cinnamon-flavored bits on the inside of this bar that add a reasonable amount of crunch and warmth to the moist and soft brownie. There was also an accent of brown sugar sweetness to this treat. I never did figure out what flavor the drizzle was- even though I ate through the whole box already -so I had to give it any kind of flavor label, I guess I'd say "sweet." And "nondescript" while we're at it.


Fiber One was able to provide a life-like coffee cake flavor to their 90 calorie bar, so overall it was quite tasty. It wasn't incredible or life-changing, but it is a 90 calorie treat. What did you expect? Bottom line, it tastes like coffee cake- at least, enough to be able to tell what flavor this bar is supposed to be (but I suppose someone could also guess cinnamon bun or something) -and that's good enough for me. Should be good enough for people who are trying to watch their weight or increase their fiber intake as well (5 grams in one tiny bar! Who knew?). I could see myself buying this flavor of Fiber One "brownies" again. I wouldn't buy them all the time... but maybe now and again, why not!
I'd give Fiber One's 90 Calorie Cinnamon Coffee Cake a 7/10.

Need other views from those who chewed? Crazy Food Dude also has this one reviewed.

What is YOUR favorite Fiber One Brownie? Which one should I try next? Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...