Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review: Kashi Crunchy Granola & Seed Honey Oat Flax Bars

Recently, Kashi's released a whole new line of granola bars with the addition of seeds in them. Well, if you call two flavors a "line", that is. I reviewed one of the flavors so far- the Chocolate Chip Chia. They were a bit seed-like in taste to being with (well, dur-hur... they ARE seed bars), but all in all the taste was yummy and hearty enough to bring me back to try the other kind of new granola bar Kashi has released- their Honey Oat Flax Bars. Whereas the Chocolate Chip Chia Bars were made with... chia (dur), these Honey Oat Flax Bars are made with... flax. Hopefully you all deduced that for yourselves before I had to spell it out!
A 7 oz. box with five, two-bar, 1.4 oz packages costs around $4.09.


A 2 bar (40g) serving contains 180 calories, 60 of them being from fat, 6g of total fat, 1g of saturated fat, 0g of trans fat, 2g of polyunsaturated fat, 3g of monounsaturated fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 100mg of sodium, 27g of total carbohydrates, 3g of dietary fiber, 9g of sugar, and 4g of protein.

If you happened to read my last Crunchy Granola & Seed Bar review, I noted how shocked I was to see that these bars were not two, decent-sized, longer granola bars like the ones you might expect from Nature Valley, but were instead wider in shape and, while there were still technically TWO granola bars to a pack, each bar could easily be broken up into two more. Turns out all this information was pictured on the back of the box... Whoops! Then, I thought how cool it would be to use these things like dipping sticks! ...That was pictured on the back of the box too...
I really have to start reading more. It's any surprise I still know what I'm typing out is even legible!


These bars are dense, hard, somewhat brittle, and somewhat sticky. The first thing I noticed about the taste right away was that these bars were not as seed-like in taste as their chocolatey-chip sisters, which is a much-appreciated fact. These actually tasted A LOT like Nature Valley's Oats 'n Honey Bars, just a little more... earthy, to say. The taste of honey was deliciously sweet and prominent, and is paired with a nice and crunchy texture. Overall, everything about these bars was just plain tasty.


Overall, these were pretty darn tasty granola bars- think Nature Valley Oats 'n Honey with a heartier kick. I liked these Kashi bars a lot- the taste was great, and nutritionally speaking, I don't think they're so bad. Hey, they're even a good source of Omega 3's! Not like I really cared about that stuff in the first place, but I'm sure some of you do, and I KNOW some of you would rather eat granola bars than stick a spoon of fish oil down the back of your throat. Anyway, I would totally pick these up again! I think I even liked em' BETTER than the Nature Valleys, but that's just me...
I'd give Kashi's Crunchy Granola & Seed Honey Oat Flax Bars an 8/10.
Which Kashi product should be NEXT on our reviews? YOU tell US! Let us know in the comments below!

Till' then, this has been RiRi ri-porting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...